THE GRAMITHERM PROCESS :
The Gramitherm® process extracts from raw grass cellulose fibres (used to produce Gramitherm®) and « juices » supplied to biogas units as energy booster.
The Gramitherm® process secures a full utilisation of all grass components, and generates high efficiency and added value to the raw material.
Our philosophy is to create value for our customers/partners and to moderate our impact on the environment.
The Gramitherm® patented innovation is unique and based on 3 key steps :
- The cutting and harvesting of “waste” grass ; 1 acre of land will allow to produce 200 M3 of insulating products !
- The grass fibres extraction from the raw material ; valorization of the « juice » ; drying and opening fibres
- And finally the semi-rigid boards production (AIR-LAY process, thermobonding oven).
gramitherm's environmental positive impact :
The comparison with other widespread insulating products highlights the unique competitive advantages offered by Gramitherm®.
- The carbon footprint of Gramitherm® is negative (therefore, a positive impact !) as the CO2 produced during the different production phases is less important than the CO2 captured by grass during its growth !
- The energy that is used during Gramitherm’s® production is 20% lower than for other products such as extruded polystyrene.
The environmental impact of Gramitherm’s® production consists in grass cutting, the addition of fire-resistant products, the fibres used as bindings and heat emission during manufacturing process. Our fire-resistant material is harmless to human health. Besides, the environmental impacts’ analysis does not take into consideration the valorization of grass “waste” and the “no” cultue of this grass.
Did you know :
- Grass grows naturally and does not need any plowing or expensive treatments.
- In the production process of Gramitherm, digestible materials are dissociated from fibres to be used separately (animal food and fertilizer).
- 1 acre of grass = 200 m3 of Gramithem, i.e. insulation for 7 family houses, equivalent to 3,6T CO2 captured (or go/return flight from Brussel to Cape Town).
- Gramitherm production is not in competition with food production.
- Loss and waste from production are entirely recyclable.
Gramitherm® offers excellent protection against cold. Thanks to its high specific heat capacity, it also offers very efficient protection against summer heat. Furthermore, it effectively absorbs sound. Protection against fire and fungi is provided.